Thursday, October 9, 2014

Blood Orange and Rose Water Marmalade

Blood oranges seem to have a very short season that they are available to buy here. My own tree is covered in blossom at the moment. Maybe I shall have my own fruit next year. This year I made some Blood orange and rosewater marmalade. Cooked in the usual way.
Chop the fruit into small pieces, removing seeds. Cover with water and leave stand over night. Simmer fruit until tender, measure the quantity of the fruit and liquid and add equal quantity of sugar. Return to the heat and simmer gently until setting point is reached. Add the rosewater, I used two tablespoons. Pour into warm sterilized jars. Some people seal the when the marmalade is cold. others do it while the mixture is hot. I do both.  

No comments:

Post a Comment